Download Keto Essentials
<a href="http://bit.ly/2DH0d6o" target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”>http://bit.ly/2DH0d6o
In this video, Dr. Berg talks about the 4 reasons why the blood sugars are high in the morning. This condition is called the dawn phenomenon, it can happen if you are type 1 or type 2 diabetes, or if you have insulin resistance.
1. Spike Cortisol – Cortisol mobilizes glucose for action and stress, it peaks during 8 in the morning. Normally between 12 to 3 am, you have higher insulin sensitivity in the liver so the blood sugar works a lot better.
2. Diabetes 1 – There’s a growth hormone spike that can mobilize the blood sugar.
3. Diabetes 2 – The liver is making glucose called gluconeogenesis. If you are type 2 diabetic for a long period of time, you are going to lose the ability to produce insulin eventually.
Glucagon and Epinephrine – another hormone in the pancreas that can spike the blood sugar.
4. Consuming a lot of carbs the night before.
What to Do?
• Give it a time – Do the healthy ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting
• Avoid carbs – especially the night before
• ACV – night before
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, 53 years of age is a chiropractor who specializes in Healthy Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting. He is the author of The New Body Type Guide and other books published by KB Publishing. He has taught students nutrition as an adjunct professor at Howard University. He no longer practices, but focuses on health education through social media.
DR. BERG’S SHOP: http://shop.drberg.com/
Follow us on FACEBOOK: fb.me/DrEricBerg
Send a Message to his team: m.me/DrEricBerg
ABOUT DR. BERG: https://www.drberg.com/dr-eric-berg/bio
Dr. Eric Berg received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1988. His use of “doctor” or “Dr.” in relation to himself solely refers to that degree. Dr. Berg is a licensed chiropractor in Virginia, California, and Louisiana, but he no longer practices chiropractic in any state and does not see patients so he can focus on educating people as a full time activity, yet he maintains an active license. This video is for general informational purposes only. It should not be used to self-diagnose and it is not a substitute for a medical exam, cure, treatment, diagnosis, and prescription or recommendation. It does not create a doctor-patient relationship between Dr. Berg and you. You should not make any change in your health regimen or diet before first consulting a physician and obtaining a medical exam, diagnosis, and recommendation. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. The Health & Wellness, Dr. Berg Nutritionals and Dr. Eric Berg, D.C. are not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or product you obtain through this video or site.